Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Hand Studies

Today we spent a lot of time on drawing hands.  We began with a hand study, and when the model showed up, we focused on drawing her hands as part of the composition.

The top middle image was my first attempt following a tutorial, it is a little odd, but I liked the tutorial I followed later where I essentially had to make each bone of the fingers.  I think this helped a lot and is evident in the two hands in the bottom right and the one all the way at the top.
I think this is also a good first attempt at drawing the hands on the model.  I am not sure I got her position quite right, her head and legs seem a little off kilter.

This position was very awkward and difficult for me to draw.  I think her curled right hand came out alright, but her left one is a little odd looking.  I also don't think I got her chest and armpit correct.  I really don't like how that part turned out.
I think position-wise, this one is pretty good, and I really like her right hand hanging down.  I definitely struggled with her left hand and I think the proportions of the thickness and her arm versus the width of her torso are kind of off.

This was our last one for the day, and I really liked the pose.  I thought it was simple enough to allow me to really focus on the proportions of the entire body.  For the most part, I like how it came out, the fingers aren't perfect and they look almost like they are bandaged since I didn't erase the guidelines.  The feet also need work.

No comments:

Post a Comment