Today was our first day with a model in class. I have not done this in a while, so it definitely took a little getting used to, and working those drawing muscles again.
This first image shows a series of quick poses we did to get in the habit of quickly blocking the figure. I like the crouching one at the top and the one in the middle with her arms folded. These were some of the last ones, so I think it shows how rusty I was in the beginning and how towards the end, I started getting the proportions more accurate.
The next image shows some slightly longer, though still short poses. I liked these more than the previous because it gave me more time to really get the shape of our model correct. I really like how the middle one started out and I think if I had been able to continue this one, it would have turned out well.
I am really happy with this one. I really like the way her stomach came out, I feel it shows a lot of fluidity and movement in a way. I have always struggled with getting the proportions of legs and foot positions correct, but I think they turned out well here. I think it actually looks like her stomach and leg sort of squish together and that she is actually putting weight on the ball of her foot.
I don't really like how these came out. We were supposed to try blocking in the figure using literal blocks instead of lines and circles. I don't think these came out as well as my other attempts, but this was my first time trying this method, so maybe I just need a little practice with it.
For the most part, I like this one. This was our longest pose so I had a lot of time to really add details. I think I mad the head too small though, and I regret putting the face in (I tried erasing it). I always prefer my figure drawings faceless.





No comments:
Post a Comment