Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Drawing the Space

Today we were really supposed to focus on getting the entire space involved in our drawing, particularly the drapery, but also the objects around her.

Proportionally, I think this one came out pretty well, though I never quite got her foot.  I do like her head, chest, and torso though.  I think the position is very true to the model.  I also think the drapery really did help to make the drawing make more sense.


I didn't draw the space as much in this one as I probably should have, but I was very focused on getting the pose right.  Her left and right arms are a little off, but I like how her body and especially her legs turned out.  I might have also made the head a little too big, I'm not sure.


I actually kind of like the face on this one, though I think I still would have preferred it to be totally faceless.  I like how I drew most of the space, but didn't really shade it the way I did the figure.  It is there, but in a transparent, sketchy way.  I think I made the torso and chest a little wider than they should have been because it seems almost like the legs belong to a smaller person, but in terms of shape and position, I think it turned out well.


No comments:

Post a Comment