Friday, March 1, 2013

1 March 2013

My Font

I am a very big fan of medieval and renaissance culture and artwork.  I was inspired by ornate medieval lettering to create my own detailed letters.  I used a technique called "quilling" to create swirls from thin strips of paper.  Because of how much time each letter takes to create, I only made and A and a T (Art & Tech).  They are not finished yet, as I would like to add colored tissue paper to make the letters even more dynamic.


My Logo



I really wanted to bring out the Technology side of Art and Technology, and was inspired by a logo I found of a computer mouse covered in paint.  I started by drawing the outline of a mouse, then added paint blobs in order to imply a painter's pallet.



My Line, Shape, Color Drawing



Each box focuses on a different primary technique (the last few combine all three).

No comments:

Post a Comment